What is a hair transplant surgery?
Hair transplant is a type of surgery in which the hair roots are transplanted from a part of the body resistant to hereditary hair loss to the part where the hair is falling out. This method is one of the most effective methods of repairing and recovering lost hair, in which natural hair is grafted to the falling part.
In one hair follicle, 1 to 4 hairs can grow. Of course, today, new methods are used in which the body hair follicles are not changed or manipulated. Hair transplants can be done on parts of the body such as the head, beard, eyebrows, eyelashes, genitals, breasts, and areas with scars. The follicles implanted in the falling part remain for the rest of a person's life.
In a hair transplant session that usually takes one day, 1,500 to 3,000 hair grafts are transplanted. Hair transplant surgery is performed on an outpatient basis, and anesthesia is injected in the areas where the hair is to be transplanted.
The patient does not feel any pain during the operation. There is no need to rest after the operation, and the person can do his work the next day. Implanted hair usually grows between three and five months after surgery. The success rate of hair transplantation is 98%, which of course, depends on the surgeon's skill.
Some of the factors that are effective in choosing a hair transplant method are:
- How much is your baldness?
- How is your donor area?
- How are your wounds healing?
- Do you suffer from any particular disease?
- What density do you want to reach?
- How flexible is your scalp?
- How many days do you have for hair transplantation?
- What are the methods for hair transplantation?
Fortunately, hair transplantation in Iran methods are very diverse, and this has made it possible for more hair transplant applicants to receive effective and high-density hair transplants. The main difference between different hair transplant methods is in the technique of graft removal. Remember that there is a general rule of thumb for hair transplants: The better the grafts are removed, the better the hair transplant results.
What are the hair transplantation in Iran methods?
Hair transplant in Iran can be done in the following ways:
This method is the oldest hair transplant in Iran way. In this method, the patient is anesthetized, and a part of the skin on the back of the head that had hair is transplanted to the bald part of the front of the head, which is obsolete today due to complications such as pain and bleeding.
In this hair transplantation method in Iran, hair strands from the back of the head are grafted to the bald part of the front of the head. However, this method is not used today due to bleeding, postoperative recovery period, the need to repeat sessions, etc.
This method is one of the newest and best methods in hair transplant in Iran that have the least complications and is performed in most hair transplant clinics. This surgery is performed without bleeding and anesthesia, and the hair is removed for transplantation with an automatic device. With this method, 14,000 hairs can be implanted in the area with hair loss.
FUT & FIT combined method (FUSS method)
The combined method of hair transplant in Iran, usually recommended for people who have a weak hair bank or high baldness, is a combination of the two previous methods, both with the FUT method and flap removal and with the FIT method and one-to-one hair follicle removal. This hair transplant in Iran method is named FUSS. As a result, it provides more hair to transplant specialists. Therefore, combination hair transplantation is associated with higher density.
Best hair transplant in Iran
If the client has a phobia and fear of surgery and is not satisfied with the operation and stitching and does not want the stitching on the back of the head or for any reason that is acceptable hair transplant specialist is not willing to do the FUT method will use the next method, FIT. If the back of the head does not have enough hair to be harvested and transplanted, the FIT method will be the most appropriate.
Clients who have hair loss on the front of the head and the front line of their hair is not recognizable should use the FUT method. In fact, the FUT method is more efficient than the FIT method, hairline reconstruction, and front hair transplantation by the FUT method. It is preferred in other ways.
If a lot of hair removal and implantation is needed, in most cases, the FUT method uses more FIT, and the surgeon can create more densities. The combined method in these cases is the best method of hair transplantation. The time required for the FIT method is longer than the FUT method. The FUT method takes three to five hours, and in the FIT method, up to ten hours or, in some cases, more time.
As a final point, note that choosing the correct method is left to the specialist and clinical physician for the best hair transplant in Tehran.
Important points before hair transplantation in Iran
In hair transplant in Iran, like other surgeries, you should follow the tips before the operation to get the best results from hair transplantation. These points are as follows:
- Avoid taking vitamin E, supplements, and aspirin tablets for two weeks before surgery because they dilute the blood.
- Avoid alcohol for two weeks before the operation and try to drink less tea.
- Two weeks before the operation, taking the diet to avoid weight loss slows down recovery after surgery. You can resume your diet two weeks after the operation.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for a week before surgery.
- Quit smoking one week before the operation.
- A few days before the operation, try to sleep at night without stress and comfort.
- Avoid ibuprofen and naproxen the day before surgery.
- Eat the night before the meal to get enough protein, carbohydrates, and sugar. For this purpose, you can use fried or baked potatoes and eat ice cream after dinner.
- On the day of the operation, wear clothes that fit snugly.
hair transplant in Iran side effects
Some people may have no side effects after surgery, and others may have the following side effects.
- Swelling after surgery: One of the most common complications after hair transplantation. This complication disappears after a short time.
- Inflammation of the hair follicles: This complication, which occurs in 29% of patients after surgery, appears as a sore or pimple in the area of hair transplantation.
- Itching: Due to the cracks in the transplanted parts of the hair, the person may feel itching in that area. If there is itching, you should not steam that part because it will cause sores. Try to wash your hair daily with a special shampoo.
- Anesthesia: This is normal anesthesia and will improve a few weeks after the operation.
- Hiccups: A small percentage of people develop post-operative hiccups that improve with steroid medication.
- Cysts: These cysts are usually purple and disappear 2 to 3 weeks after surgery.
Of course, keep in mind that these side effects are completely natural and will improve after a while.
Post-operative care after hair transplant in Iran
It would be best to keep in mind that the surgeon should perform a series of actions to protect the area receiving the hair transplant grafts after the hair transplant in Iran.
- The patient should keep the transplanted area out of direct sunlight and use shampoo two days after surgery to wash the area. Some surgeons recommend that patients use shampoo the day after surgery. The use of shampoo is essential because it prevents scabs from closing around the hair shaft. These scabs attach to the hair shaft and increase the risk of hair follicles falling out within 6 to 10 days after surgery.
- Be sure to ask your doctor about the brand of shampoo you use because using some shampoos due to structural compounds may cause hair follicles to fall out.
- During the first 10 days, almost all implanted hairs become vulnerable to hair loss due to local changes. This is perfectly normal. After 2 to 3 months, new hairs begin to form from the displaced follicles. Patients’ hair begins to grow normally and continues to thicken over the next 6 to 9 months.
- Any subsequent hair loss is likely to occur from areas that have not undergone hair transplantation. Some health care providers use medication to delay hair loss, while others eventually resort to another hair transplant to combat it.
More about hair transplantation in Iran
In a hair transplant in Iran session that usually takes one day, 1,500 to 3,000 hair grafts are transplanted. Hair transplant surgery is performed on an outpatient basis, and anesthesia is injected in the areas where the hair is to be transplanted. The patient does not feel any pain during the operation. There is no need to rest after the operation, and the person can do his work the next day. Implanted hair usually grows between three and five months after surgery. The success rate of hair transplantation is 98%, which of course, depends on the surgeon's skill.
What are the reasons for hair loss in people?
Before undergoing hair transplant surgery, the doctor should investigate the causes of hair loss to make the right decision about whether or not to perform surgery. As you know, there are several causes for weight loss. Factors such as heredity, stress, and poor nutrition are some of the factors involved in hair loss.
The final opinion on the eligibility of individuals to perform this surgery is made by a specialist surgeon. If certain medications cause hair loss, the person cannot have a hair transplant. A person who is going to have hair transplant surgery must have a certain pattern of baldness.
In the practice of hair transplantation, the age of the applicants is significant. It is better not to do this operation for people under 25 years old, and people should do this operation at older ages. These people are not suitable for hair transplants.
Of course, older people may also experience hair loss after hair transplants. Therefore, the forms of hair transplantation should be appropriate to cover this issue.
Which hair transplant method in Iran is right for you?
One of the most troubling concerns of patients referred to specialized hair and skin clinics is which hair transplant method is suitable for them and should be used. The easiest and best way is to ask a specialist doctor. IranMedopia makes an opportunity for you to consult with your surgeon to choose the best method suitable for you. This choice is compassionate and should be made by a specialist, so leave the best method to him.
Hair transplant in Iran cost
As mentioned, choosing the right surgeon to perform a hair transplant in Iran is very important. If you have not chosen the right doctor for a natural hair transplant, your doctor may not operate well, and you may not be able to see the desired result after the hair transplantation in Iran. Also, because your hair transplant doctor is not a specialist, you may experience risks and complications after transplant surgery, such as the following:
- getting layered
best hair transplant surgeon in Iran
To help you get to know the best hair transplant in Iran surgeon, you can ask your doctor to show you pre and post-operative photos of people who have had a transplant during a pre-surgery consultation. In this case, you can make sure that your doctor is suitable for your operation, depending on the result of the hair transplant performed by the doctor.
Who is not a suitable candidate for a hair transplant in Iran?
You can't have a hair transplant in Iran or any country if one of these following options applies to you:
- People with diseases such as; Lupus, lichen planus, or severe psoriasis
- Patients with blood clotting disorders and infectious diseases such as AIDS and syphilis
- People undergoing chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- Pregnant and lactating women
- People with severe diabetes
- Women with hormonal disorders such as polycystic ovaries and thyroid
- People with severe anxiety and depression
- People with obsessive eyebrow and facial hair
- People under 30 due to non-stop hair loss hormone
- People who have unreasonable expectations of the result of hair transplantation.
The most notable techniques of hair transplant in Iran
There are many methods for hair transplant in Iran and other countries in the world. The advancement of medical sciences and the development of sciences makes a great evolution in hair transplant techniques and methods.
You may wonder which hair transplantation in Iran method is the most suitable one for you. with IranMedopia. You can have a free consultation with your surgeon before your hair transplant in Iran. Then he will decide which method is the best one for you. in the continue we will talk more about the different methods of this cosmetic surgery to see how a doctor will decide about the best technique for you.
In this section, we introduce the best hair transplant techniques, and finally, by comparing them with each other, we intend to help your dear ones to choose the right technique. Nowadays, surgeons use different methods for hair transplant in Iran. Their only difference is harvesting from the bald area.
In other words, the main point that distinguishes hair transplantation methods from each other and has a very significant impact on the conclusion is the method of harvesting from the bald area. Choosing the right method to remove from the bald area can create a huge change in a person's face.
IranMedopia clinics have always used medical update tools and an experienced medical team. That is why we 100% guarantee all of our hair transplant in Iran surgeries.
Determining parameters in the amount of hair needed for implantation in areas with compost:
- Extent of baldness
- Quality and quantity of individual bald area
- Selecting a suitable technique for harvesting from a person's bald area