revision rhinoplasty in iran
What is revision rhinoplasty?
revision rhinoplasty or secondary rhinoplasty is requested if patients still have discrepancies after surgery, new abnormalities, or worsening of the patient's condition. Unexpected complications may occur in the nose due to unforeseen complications or incorrect maneuvers of the surgeon, and nose features may not be in harmony with other facial structures. The most common reason for revision rhinoplasty is that the patient's respiratory condition worsens. The rhinoplasty specialist will listen carefully to your request. It then carefully evaluates the structure of your nose from the inside out. The treatment process must be planned and specified in great detail; this will reduce our need for further reform in the future.
Revision nose job in Iran
Among the types of cosmetic surgeries that exist, revision nose job or secondary rhinoplasty is considered as one of the most challenging types of surgeries; Because of its complex structure, the nose makes it difficult to perform any surgery on it, even for the first time. Therefore, choosing the best revision nose surgeon is one of the most important things you should do before this cosmetic surgery.
As mentioned, rhinoplasty or nose job itself is considered one of the most difficult plastic and cosmetic surgeries; But when you need to have this surgery again, it adds to the complexity of the surgery. This surgery is usually needed when a person is not satisfied with the outcome of the first surgery. It does not matter if the first surgery is cosmetic, to solve the problem, it is necessary to perform this surgery again, albeit with more precision and delicacy.
Usually, people who have problems with their respiratory system, or whose problem has not been solved before, or who are not satisfied with the appearance of their nose, need to do this operation.
In summary, we can name the reasons for re-performing rhinoplasty, which we will discuss below.
- Abnormal tip of the nose: After rhinoplasty, the tip of the nose may not find the desired shape for various reasons, for example, it may be too sharp or round.
- Long distance between nostrils: This problem occurs due to lack of fit in rhinoplasty. But do not forget that choosing a good rhinoplasty specialist can prevent this from happening.
- Large nose: Many people tend to have a very small nose after rhinoplasty, and if this does not happen after surgery, they are not satisfied with their rhinoplasty.
- Respiratory problems and dry nose: Such problems are due to the lack of sufficient expertise of the rhinoplasty surgeon, which, as mentioned, will not occur if a specialist doctor is used for rhinoplasty.
- Your dissatisfaction with the initial operation of your nose: For whatever reason, it is not possible for you as a client to be dissatisfied with the shape of your nose.
- Deviation of the nasal septum due to physical blows (crooked nose): Many people experience such a problem after rhinoplasty. Many athletes or those whose nose shape is crooked in an accident.
Secondary rhinoplasty is another types of rhinoplasty. it is a complicated aesthetic and reconstructive procedure in which we must consider both functional and cosmetic principles in planning an appropriate operation. This method aims at modifying the functional and decorative defects caused by an improperly performed primary procedure.
Method of performing revision nose job in Iran
To perform this surgery, similar to the initial rhinoplasty, two open and closed methods are used. Which of these methods works best for you depends on the purpose of the procedure and the condition of your nose.
This surgery is performed under general anesthesia. If you have chosen the best reconstructive nasal surgeon, first of all try to use internal wounds to correct and fix the nasal problem. However, if this is not possible for any reason, the rhinoplasty specialist may make a few small external incisions. Under these conditions, the surgeon will have easier access to the cartilage and bone of the nose to reshape and improve the function of the respiratory system.
In general, closed nasal surgery has more benefits and less risk for nasal tissues. Reconstructive surgery, on the other hand, allows the surgeon to have extensive access to the bone and cartilage of the nose and make the necessary changes. To create symmetry and fix the problem, the surgeon may decide to add or remove part of the cartilage. If extra cartilage is needed, the surgeon can use the cartilage in the person's ear. Of course, these days, other materials can also be used as implants.
Due to the fact that the nasal tissue is already damaged and is now more sensitive, the time required to perform this surgery is much longer than the initial nasal surgery.
Is revision rhinoplasty harder that the primary surgery?
Revision rhinoplasty is often much more complicated and difficult than primary surgery. The primary rhinoplasty is always the best time to deal with all rhinoplasty problems, both aesthetically and functionally. However, with the proper use of advanced surgical techniques as well as the surgeon's expertise and skill, rhinoplasty can also be successful.
Most rhinoplasty surgeons also have experience with complex rhinoplasty and can take good care of their patient's concerns. Of course, as with primary rhinoplasty, your expectations and goals of the operation must be appropriate and realistic, and you must fully discuss the details you expect with your surgeon. It may be helpful to have a photo of your nose with you before the initial operation.
Common problems that require revision rhinoplasty
- Nasal breathing way obstruction
- Nose cartilage or bone sagging
- The fake appearance of nose
- Sagging of the external and internal valves of the nose
- Deterioration of nasal symmetry
- Insufficient decrease or increase in posterior nasal height (bridge height or nasal protrusion)
- The incomplete shape of the nose (inappropriate change in the appearance of the nose in terms of beauty)
- Shrinking or enlarging the tip of the nose too much
- Excessive narrowing of the tip of the nose
- Creating thick scar tissue internally or externally